1. Try to spend less time in the sun especially between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
2. Seek shade or create shade by carrying an umbrella.
3. Wear clothes that protect as much skin as possible
4. Wear a hat with a wide brim that protects your ears and the back of your neck.
5. Protect your eyes with wrap around sunglasses that are UV rated.
6. Wear a sunscreen that blocks both UVA and UVB rays. It should have an SPF of at least 15. Apply before going out. Be sure to apply often, especially after swimming and sweating.