Thursday, October 20, 2011

learn guitar

Do you want to learn to play the guitar? I used to be so jealous of people who knew how to play the guitar. They just seemed to have it all together. I’m talking about the ones at the summer camp or party who could pick up a guitar and just start jamming out tune after tune - to the delight of the other party-goers or campers.
To me, the art of playing the guitar seemed too hard for the rest of us “mortals” and so I just resigned myself to being one of those who would never learn guitar and left the guitar playing to the “gods” among us.
Now that I’m older and wiser, I realize it was a grave mistake to think like that. Like the animated movie about rats and cooking proclaims more that once: anyone can cook - anyone can learn to play the guitar.

No comments: