Thursday, November 29, 2012

Carpet

Flooring has become almost unrecognizable since I knew it growing up in the seventies and eighties. I particularly remember the criminal orange shag carpeting that my parents thought would be a great idea for my bedroom. What were they thinking? It was certainly orange, is about all I can say about it. Well, I suppose it was also comfortable in a certain shaggy sort of way. Try looking up orange carpeting at BrewerCarpetOneYukon.com

But anyway, I'm not even sure you can find something equal to it nowadays. But the thing is is that flooring styles, materials and installation has advanced by leaps and bounds since then. You need vinyl flooring? It's available. But it's not the vinyl you're probably thinking of from days past. You're more likely to think you're walking on a premium quality ceramic floor than some drab old vinyl one.

I'd also be willing to bet that carpeting lives in an entirely new dimension of being these days. And maybe one of the most significant advances in carpeting is the installation with the carpet itself coming with its own underlay making it lay itself. But of course, try to tell that to the carpet laying guys. They know that but won't admit it in case you catch on and put them out of work.

No comments: